Is there set visiting hours?

We do not have designated visiting hours. We value your social interaction and the need to keep relationships outside the home so please continue your social life as normal.

Do I need to be assessed before I enter an aged care facility?

Before you move into an aged care home you need to be assessed by a government representative from the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). Your doctor, social worker or a community nurse can refer you to an assessment. You can alternatively call the Commonwealth Government’s My Aged Care National Contact Centre on 1800 200 422.

What can I bring into my new room?

Your able to personalize your room to make you feel as comfortable as you were at home. We like to think that our residents’ room are an extension of their former homes and their personal intricoes show just that.

What if I go away on holidays?

You most definitely can go away on holidays! Continue your life as normal and enjoy your adventures. You can leave the facility for up to 52 nights per financial year. These nights are considered “social leave” and the government will continue to pay the relevant subsidies to your aged care provider. You will still need to pay your daily fees and income tested fees.

What else do I need to do before I move to an aged care facility?

A few things to ensure that you have ticked a few boxes. Look into getting an advanced care plan set out. This can be done with your doctor. This gives everybody associated with your care very clear instructions on what to do when and if your health changes. Incorporated in this is your end of life wishes and instructions.

Another important aspect is ensuring your estate is looked after. Do you have a financial power of attorney? Medical power of attorney? Do you wish to be a state trustee?

Don’t worry if you haven’t done any of these suggestions, we are able to assist and guide you with the process.

Do I get a choice of meals if I don’t like what is served?

Yes, you do get a choice. We have an alternative at every meal, please alert the staff know and they would be more than happy to accommodate your meal change.

What if I have a complaint?

If you have a complaint, comment or suggestion please direct it to:

  • The Registered Nurse in charge of the shift at the time or alternatively;
  • Director of Nursing – Julie Comben;
  • Or make an appointment to the General manage – George Merakis
  • Or alternatively the Australian Government –

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner on 1800 550 552. Website:

Or in writing:     

Department of Health and Aging
GPO BOX 9848
Melbourne VIC 3000

Management and staff recognize a complaint or feedback as an opportunity to improve service delivery, appreciate any suggestions or ideas that encourage review of any aspect of service deliver. There is a feedback form at reception, please feel free to fill it out and place in the suggestion box.

Do I need to leave if I become palliative or can your team manage me or my loved one?

Definitely not! We are trained in palliative care and this is what our trained and skilled nursed do best. We are proud to provide our residents with a high level of end of life care. Palliative care can mean different things to everyone, please discuss this with your Registered Nurse and make your wishes known and in writing.

How do I plan my care?

We are able to assist you in the planning your life choices and develop a care plan with you. Together we can come up with a detailed account of what you want and do not want in your care. We can also include instructions on how to make you comfortable and ensure your needs are met at every stage of your life. If you already have a plan for your care, please bring this along and discuss this with our trained staff.

What if I need to go to hospital?

If you go to hospital at any given stage this wont count as your social leave. The government will still continue to pay for your care to the facility. You will still need to pay for you daily fees and income tested fees. Your room at the facility will still be there when you return just as you left it.